Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene) - Kim Rossi Stewart, Barbora Bobulova, Alessandro Morace, Kim Rossi Stewart
Threat advisory: Elevated - Significant risk of entertaining activities
In Kim Rossi Stewart's profound and touching directorial début, Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene), two young children and their father form a strangely united and courageous family after being abandoned by the most important woman in their lives, their mother and wife. Through all the family's bungling imperfections, good intentions, inconsolable loneliness and fury of emotions, the unspoken love between father and children keeps their bond strong.
The story is seen completely through the eyes of 11-year-old Tommi (Alessandro Morace), with his sister Viola (Marta Nobili), at times a merciless bully, and his father Renato (Kim Rossi Stuart), a seemingly harsh and unjust disciplinarian. For the three, an almost routine peace has settled over their motherless home until Stefania (Barbora Bobulova) suddenly reappears just as recklessly as she had departed, upsetting the precarious equilibrium again.
Theatrical propaganda posters
Target demographic movie keyword propaganda
- Film drama Italy Italian family bully discipline single parent mother father betray
Persons of interest
- Barbora Bobulova .... Stefania
- Alberto Mangiante .... Regista
- Alessandro Morace .... Tommi
- Marta Nobili .... Viola
- Tommaso Ragno
- Kim Rossi Stuart .... Renato Benetti
- Linda Ferri .... Screenwriter
- Francesco Giammusso .... Screenwriter
- Kim Rossi Stuart .... Screenwriter
- Federico Starnone .... Screenwriter
- Kim Rossi Stuart .... Director
Cinematic intelligence sources
- Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene) official movie site
- Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene) film production notes
- Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene) QuickTime movie trailers
- Awards and film festivals:
- Australian Italian Film Festival 2006: Screening
- Cannes Film Festival 2006: Won: CICAE Award (Kim Rossi Stuart)
- NB: Italian language dialogue with English language subtitles
- Studios and distributors:
Special Agent Matti
The first thing you notice about Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene) is Kim Rossi Stewart's surprise bum shot. It's the most ironic bum you will see this year.
The second thing you notice is that everything has gone wrong. Renato, Viola and Tommi go through the paces of their day but they are barely functioning. There is a wonderful (from the audience's point of view) undercurrent of darkness, like a boatload of molasses creeping along the sea floor; it promises - and delivers - drama. Drama of the kind that can only be associated with the kitchen sink as its mediocrity only serves to make it more horrific. You are kept on the edge of your seat by Renato's seemingly random eruptions of violence, Stefania's unpredictable intrusions, Viola's emergent sexuality and Tommi's death-defying danger-seeking. Something is going to go seriously wrong. That sucks for the family but it's good for you.
The drama, Italy movie Along the ridge (Anche libero va bene) is directed by Kim Rossi Stewart and stars Kim Rossi Stewart, Barbora Bobulova, Alessandro Morace.
Government security censorship classification
M (Moderate sexual references, moderate coarse language)
109 minutes (1:49 hours)
Not for public release in Australia before date
Film: 26 October 2006